Wednesday night I was at a meeting, held locally, to get more women interested in the sport of fly-fishing.

One of the presenters, obviously there to sell his product, was blatant in his feelings of other rod companies, the materials used for the rods, the attire worn, and women?s inability to use products created for men. Bamboo was pass? unless it was a Granger; fiberglass was cheap and noodle-y; boron was fragile; graphite useless unless really long and at least 6# (women can?t cast without the advantage of a long, heavy rod, with a grip designed only for women).

Being a very nice person, , I sat there biting my tongue till it almost bled.

The next guy spoke of the virtues of the Sharkskin line, and I had the feeling that if I wasn?t using the SS and the designed only for women rod, I wasn?t worthy of fly-fishing! I sort of blacked out at this point.

What are your thoughts on this? I don?t think you all would actually post that you thought women were second (or third or fourth) class fishers ? but are you in favor of women fly-fishing? (At least not next to you!!) Do you agree with the generalities expressed about the rods? Should I have jumped up and told him he was out of his freekin? mind? Women can do whatever they want, with whatever they want to use, in whatever they want to wear?