Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hyde
LoTech,

Yep, I got your recipe; thanks! I haven't made any yet, and will probably wait until the onset of colder weather. That stuff is serious "stay warm" food.

Greenfish,

Nice rig, your 10-footer. Many thousands of those aluminum jons are in use around the country. The forward-of-stern location of your home-made swivel seat shows you appreciate the safety benefit of load distribution and boat balance. Adding a trolling motor (and especially the battery) to your rig will affect the boat's trim. It would look weird, but having the heavy battery located on the floor at the opposite end of the boat from where you sit would likely be the safest way to go. Have you identified which part of the boat's hull is involved in "wave slap" noise?

Joe
Thanks - My boat ain't pretty but I love it! No trailer needed, and it's easy for one person to load and unload. No insurance necessary. It's the perfect one-man rig. I generally avoid larger lakes, so a trolling motor gets me around no problem-o. If the battery dies, oars can be used to get back to the launch.
The waves slap the bow of the boat - especially if I'm moving into the wind or have the anchor down.
Anchor is hung from the front pulley and secured by wrapping the rope around one of the tiedowns located behind the oar locks on either side.