I hope this is okay to post here - it's off topic, but in the short time I've been fly fishing, I've noticed a lot of similarities between being a fly fisher and a musician (dedication, specialized skill, money, practice and a bit of creativity). I've only been fly fishing for a couple months, and I already see it seriously cutting into the money and time spent on guitars, etc.!

So, how many musicians do we have here? What do you play? How long have you been playing? What are you doing with it? etc., etc...

As for me, I have been playing guitar for a little over 21 years. I mainly play acoustic open mics in my area. I play all styles of music, but mainly Americana type stuff. I also play a little bass, drums and harmonica. I play a lot of covers, but also write some original stuff. I have been in a few rock bands over the years that went nowhere. Now I just mainly play by myself. I also dabble in guitar repair and guitar building, and do all my own setups, electronics/pickups replacement, etc.

I currently have a 94 Stratocaster, a 96 Stratocaster, a 2001 Nashville Deluxe Power Telecaster, an Epiphone Faded G-400 (SG) and a 2000 Martin SPOOOC-16E Acoustic. My 96 Strat started as a beat-up sunburst body that I refinished in Vintage White, then built from the ground up from parts acquired from eBay and other sources. It started with three single coils, then became a two humbucker guitar, and is currently a single humbucker guitar. But it probably won't stay that way for long - I love tinkering...

Anyway that's about it for me. Anyone else?

Also, if there is any interest, I have a music page on Myspace at http://www.myspace.com/davidbrasier with a few demo songs.