Quote Originally Posted by drolfson
Skip, did you see this FOTW writeup? http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flytyin ... 5fotw.html

When I do these, I just cut the foam into squares or rectangles. I then just center them on the needle and go to town with the shaping. Once in a while if I don't quite cut the square large enough for the body I am making I end up with a flat spot, but once I notice that I make the body a bit smaller to compensate. At first I was thinking this gave less waste, then I realized that the waste was just in very many much smaller peices. Good thing I do it in the garage where the mess is incidental!!

Nice job Scott! I like the looks of the multi-colored ones. I have never tried any like that yet. I HAVE added nail polish and eyes to some however for color and coating and such.

So, did the wife kill ya? Did she forbid you from meeting up with me again yet? Don't worry it'll probably happen.
No I had found the Jelly Bean one, but missed this one so thanks loads. Just so happens I have the Dremel & the flex shaft so that is good.

Thanks for the link!

I am also going to look into using balsa to make some poppers with the Dremel.

Skip