Now that the post has been arround the topic for a while, I will like to get some advice and may be finally getting an old idea running.

I live in Colombia, some of you already know that, and fly fishing here is just as strange as a purple dog. However I have been asked many times to teach somebody. But the best idea that was ever suggested was to teach kids. An idea came to me and it was to set a week long general fishing course. That is from what's a hook and a bobber, to fly fishing and maybe tying.

Just an introductory course and then going from where we left with whom ever may want to. And hopefully it will be teaching him or her more about fly fishing.

I have been fishing all my life and only in the past 2 years took fly fishing but I dedicated exclusively in the past year.

I don't consider myself even an intermediate caster (have no one to compare to) but still can cast 50ft of line and hit the spot where I want my fly presented and have it "accepted" by the fish and eventually catch them. I have tied all my flies almost from the beginning and consider myself very proficient at it.

My point is that I will love to help expand fly fishing in my country and what could be better than starting with the future of the sport? I know there's interest in the sport as it is kind of strange around here and no one can deny the fact that it is a very beautifull sight to see someone fly casting and that attracts people.

How ever I don't consider myself a candidate for teacher, at least not for a while but also consider a duty to try and teach what I have learned. and keep learning.

I would like to hear if I should teach the "general course" I described here and only in the end teaching the basics of FFing (a little about the rod, the reel, the line, the flies, tying, etc.) and let the more "advanced" aspects of the art for when I have mastered them a little more. Or should I go with the idea of expanding the sport and try to teach what I know to every one who'd ask?