Well I read enough articles on line to figure out what had obviously happened and started tearing down and found it to be true.
The rod is a 3 pc 8 ft rod with equal pieces, the problem was that someone had no idea of what they were doing and had added a spinning butt to it by gluing a false butt to the end of the rod, and then putting larger ring corks on as a spin casting seat, this had added inches to the rod that made the difference in the lengths of the pieces. Now all the pieices are equal, and I am looking for the wonderfull parts to refinsh it for my hubby for Christmas.
The rod is a 3pc 8ft 6 sided rod the silk wraps that were original under the poor wrapping job the last person done, were a goldish green in color, and very intact. I had noticed there were some lighter marks on the bottom section of the rod but, didnt know what they were till I read the article about Ghosting, then it all came to me it ws where they had removed the other stripping quide and put the crazy thing on there, and the butt cork.
So any suggestions for agate stripping quides and engraved reelseat fixtures with some nice wood seats???????