+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Snake River with tnriverman

Default Snake River with tnriverman

Met tnriverman in Jackson on Thursday and had a great time on the Snake below Hoback junction.
    He caught a 15" cutthroat,and several smaller fish, myself only managed a 14"er and some smaller, the smallest being a 4" whitefish. We both forgot the cameras, and his wife was very polite and only shock her head at us.

Oh yea, Charlie, you remember me saying the sunscreen was in the truck??? Next time we need to REMEMBER to USE IT!!! My face is still a little warm 2 days later. It was a beautiful fall day on the Snake that afternoon with only a VERY slite Wyo Breeze.

Marco, we are going to have to work harder at this getting together, maybe even when tnriverman is in Jackson. This could turn into something GOOD.

Thanks for fishing with me Charlie.
    Wyo-Blizzard

Default Re: Snake River with tnriverman

Byron,
    As I mentioned before, the wedding in Sheridan kinda complicated our getting together this year. We also were "detained" by a two day hike up Piney Creek South of Sheridan in Story Wyo. We caught tooooo many Brook Trout to count. No monsters but many.
    We'll get together next year for sure when I'll guide to all the great spots I discovered this year on the Snake near Wilson ( some within 200yds of the Wilson Bridge). I also fished the Snake and the Hoback right at Hoback Junction the MOnday before you got there.

Mark

and the pics, or did you FORGET the camera as tnriverman and I did??

NEXT YEAR as is said!!
    Wyo-Blizzard

Byron, I could have sworn that fish was at least 20". Check the measurements on your rod--something must have slipped .
    It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed meeting you. I was also impressed by your "survival" truck. Folks, a small family could live out of that truck for several days regardless of the situation. I was envious.
    I do have some pictures of earlier trips and some nice cutthroats. I will try to post in the near future.
    Again, it was a pleasure and we'll have to do it again. Take care.

The Snake in the hole, the Hoback......now that's some nice country. Shame you didn't make it down to the Grays. This time of year it's great. Very few folks in it then.

Vic

Sharps,
    Actually I did fish the Grays starting upstream from Alpine Junction about 5 miles. Low water made for pocket fishing conditions with teeny beadheads. Tons of smaller cutts with a few in the 14-16" range. The next day I waded the Salt River just South of Alpine and did REAL well. Cutts in the 16" consistently mostly on Adams parachutes till I ran out of those ( bank hooking) and then ANYTHING small did the trick. You're right, there ain't nobody there in late Sept early Oct. A great place to be at a great time.

Mark

I know.....I lived in Star Valley Ranch for 3 1/2 years. 141 West Elk Horn Dr., Star Valley Ranch, Thayne, Wyoming....85225, I believe was the zip. That was before Star Valley Ranch incorporated. The Salt can be really good in the fall. We're you around McCoy Creek or farther up the valley? In the Grays.....at five miles you were above where the Little Grays comes in from the west, weren't you? Headed towards the Box-Y? Maybe as far up as Murphy Lakes? Been 4 years since I lived there......miss it terribly.

About 6 years ago they killed a sheep eatin' grizzly up Deadman creek, west of the Grays a little bit. Watch yourself up there....that ain't the only griz in the Grays.

Vic

Sharps,
    I'm prepped for grizz with a spray about the size of a small fire extinguisher. Actually I guess I didn't go above the Little Grays on my morning fishing because I had to travel up the road quite a piece before I did see the confluence of the two streams.
    Stayed at the Nordic Inn right there in Alpine and et and drank at " Brenthovens". I event spent a few hours at the Star Valley Med Center getting stitched up after cutting my elbow on a broken beer bottle ( litter) in the middle of this wild wonderland.

Mark

+ Reply to Thread