Nice story with a good ending. Funny how things can find their way back their owner? Look on the bright side, you didn't break your rig, loose it, drown, get hypothermic. I'll share my fishing story-how slow it was on the Eagle river this last summer due to heat and numerous rainstorms that muddied the rivers and streams. My B-in-law said we would float the Colorado or the Frying Pan out of Aspen so I got seriously stoked but at the last minute more heavy rains made the waters too muddy and fast to float.

I used to be a serious skier and had a ski trip/ conference lined up for Snowbird, Utah. The day before we flew out was my B-day and a friend from Montana wanted to ski. I was in seriously good shape and went and skied hard. On my last run before lunch we found ourselves in the backcountry in thigh deep snow heavy and windblown. My jumpturns did fine till my right ski tip caught a barely visible sapling and I heard my knee snap. I lost the ski but found it in my pain and realized I still had 300 yrds of steep terrain to negotiate. I made it down, got bad treatment from the first aid( they were more interested in the young blond) and went home. The conference was great with me elevating my leg the whole time and a whole mountain for the week. Sometimes life can stink-but I'll take it any day over dying. There is always tomorrow!