+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Specks

2. Default Re: Specks

Your link does not seem to work.

Default Re: Specks

And by "specks" you mean a nice big ol' black crappie... well done!
    The Green Hornet strikes again!!!

Blog Entries

Link doesn't work.
    Chris
    "There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."-Steven Wright
    http://fishiesonthefly.blogspot.com/

Maybe this?

[url=http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-1/1133732/10inchSpeckonthefly(Small).JPG:bf9eb]10 inch Speck on the fly[/url:bf9eb]

yep, that one works, nice fish!
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy
    Maybe this?

[url=http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-1/1133732/10inchSpeckonthefly(Small).JPG:6677c]10 inch Speck on the fly[/url:6677c]
    Bugsy,
    Is that an Irrigation Canal?? Where is that water coming from?
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

The photos are mine. I was having problems posting on the Fly Tying Forum. The Bulletin Board is truncating (cutting off) the URL. Ron (RG/AR) was posting them here to see if a URL worked in this forum. Seems like Bugsy was able to get it to work .

Doug,

That Speck was caught on a canal (actually part of the Kissimmee River chain) that is part of a river. It is not an irrigation canal though. It is one canal of about three along with the main river that feed into Lake Okeechobee. The source is Lake Kissimmee. These canals run for miles and miles and have lots of Specks in them.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Robert,
    My first thought was "That looks like the canals I saw when I visited Florida!!" Because Bugsy posted the photo, that is why I asked. I was suspicious that California had a Florida Canal!
    Another mystery solved.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

What appears to be happening is when you post just the link without wrapping it in any tags [url=blah ] blah [ /url] (take out the spaces and replace 'blah' with the actual link.) the forum software is getting confused by the name you gave the file. In other words, the software does not like the '(small).jpg' part of the filename. If you replace the parens with underscores _ instead in the filename, the problem should go away. (Of course, you'd have to rename and reupload the files.)

Now, to the important part. What is that fly and how is it tied?

Don

(PS Even though Windows does not complain about special characters in a filename, usually the safest bet is to only have one period in the name and use underscores instead of spaces and no other characters that are not letters and numbers. This should satisfy all operating systems.)
    Don Rolfson

+ Reply to Thread