Topic says it all. I've been plying the lakes by some of my families' property, and I've thrown everything in my arsenal at these bass. Only pick up the occasional straggler. Meanwhile, my brother and brother-in-law are standing literally right down the bank from me and catching one after the other on purple and black plastic worms, rigged carolina? style (sliding bullet head weight on the line above the hook). I've tried clousers, marabou flies of all sorts and colors, rabbit leeches, a few concoctions of my own, fished at varying depths, and for some reason just can't get these bass to bite.

About 2 hours ago I caught a 6 lb'er on a plastic worm (sue me) out of one of these lakes, and I HAVE to figure out how to do it on the fly. People have caught 10 and 11 lb'ers out of this lake as well.

The strange thing is, all of the bass flies I tie, I catch 6-10lb channel cats on out of these same lakes. Go figure?

Also worth noting is that spinnerbaits, topwaters, jigs, and crankbaits have all been used without success on these bass.

There is just something about that damned plastic worm that I can't reproduce. Anyone got any advice?

-edit- Just the other day I lost a channel cat that was easily pushing 15 lbs to a log (damn my 4 wt rod). I hooked it on a marabou clouser-ish thing I tie, I think it was a #1/0.