+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grand Rapids this weekend.

Default Grand Rapids this weekend.

I am going to be in Grand Rapids, MI this weekend, and am going to have some time to fish either Sat or Sun. I will prolly only have 3 or 4 hrs, so my question is....any suggestions on where I could get to quickly and easily?

I will have transportation, but I don't want to impose too much on the person I will be staying with.

And before any one asks....I don't care what kind of fish....my favorite kind of fish are the ones on the end of my line Although, the one kind of fish I have not caught on a fly rod yet is a Smallie!

Thanks for any help you all can give.

Carl
    Carl

Every day above ground is a good day

Default Re: Grand Rapids this weekend.

A bunch of us from this board are going to fish the Muskegon Saturday morning. Check out the Michigan micro fish-in thread and see if that fits your schedule. If that doesn't work you could try the flat river a few miles East of G.R. for smallmouth. P.M. me for directions if needed to either one.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Check with a local fly shop to see whats in the river this time of year----Many fly fish in the river ,down town Grand Rapids right below the dam. Steelhead, trout smallmouth-------BILL

Carl;
    Join up with the bunch for the Micro Michigan Fish-In if possible. A finer bunch you'll never meet and they know their way around that part of Michigan.

I would love to join you guys for the fish in, but I am just not going to have enough time to get that done. I really do appreciate the invite, and would love to try that. WOW, Salmon on a fly rod would be unbelievable......much different than Bass or B/Gs

My friend says she has some spots found on the Thorne Apple, or I may just go downtown, but I WILL be thinking about you guys.

Ya'll have a GREAT day, and be sure to let us know how it goes (include pics, of course)

Thanks,

Carl
    Carl

Every day above ground is a good day

+ Reply to Thread