Before unpacking my traveling tying kit assembled for the Idaho Fish-In, I decided that this would be a good time to clean up my tying area. You know, find those 20 spools of fine oval tinsel that are hidden under the clutter, I know that there are at least four pairs of scisssors on that desk somewhere, not to mention a couple of dry fly necks that I haven't seen in a month of Sundays.

Brilliant me says to VEE, lets reorganize our tying stuff and make it more user friendly. Yeah right. Takes VEE twenty minutes and she's watching TV and having a cup of coffee. Me, I'm halfway through day 3 and seeing no end in sight.

First step is organizing feathers. Settled on three large totes that seal (36"X18"X7"). One for pheasant skins and other special skins like my Jungle Cock full skin, One for dry fly hackle (fills the container to about half), and one for wet fly hackle and wings (also about half full). Also put in fresh No-Pest strips to protect the investment (read kids college fund).

My sixteen drawers in the tying bench are slowly being sorted, one for chenille, one for wool and synthetic yarn, one for small packeages of furs (note to self, buy another tote for full animal skins) and so on. About half the drawers are filled and I can almost see the top of my tying desk. Yes, it is white, just as I thought.

I'd like to be done before midnight tonite (yeah, right) so I'd better get back at it. Still gotta reorganize hook storage, that should be fun.

Anyone else had this problem with your tying area, fly fishing gear?

Let me know I'm not suffering alone. Please!

REE