+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Geography swap - Let's do this thing! Only 22 spots left.

Hybrid View

Just a suggestion - I think the whole idea of selling extra set to benefit FAOL would make for a great theme on other future swaps.

Blog Entries

i too really agree with the idea for selling some extra sets for FAOL. for the price i might also suggest around a dollar per fly. thats a lot cheaper than most stores sell for and that'll also make a good amount of money too.
    just my 2 cents

also, ol'blue, can you resend youre adress info please? with the change over i still cant find my old recieved messages. thanks

Default Geography Swap

Ol' Blue

I have decided for the State of Alabama to do the Click-Clack Fly. I will tie the version for speckled trout (spotted sea trout). This is a saltwater fly that is very productive on speckeld trout. Here's the recipe:

Hook: Mustad Circle Streamer, C71S SS
    Beads: Conehead Beads, 3/16''0
    Tail: White Marabou
    Body: Grande Estaz, 3 1/2 wraps for a full body
    Thread: Black, Danville 3/0 flat waxed

This same fly is very productive for redfish as well. Purple body with Chartreuse Tail and bright beads or black body with yellow tail and black beads are dynamite.

Thanks for letting me in late. I will get these tied up and sent to you ASAP. What a swap! Please feel to use the extra in the auction.

Additionally, could you send me the mailing instructions so that I can get these off just as soon as I finish them. I will toe tag them as requested.

Ol Blue,

Noticed you had already posted on Donald's thread, but I need to keep my word. Donald Nicholson has to drop out of the swap due to eye problems. I know his superbly dressed flies will be missed by one and all.

REE

Blog Entries

Yes, they will. PM sent.
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

You can use the 'extras' from mine to sell for FAOL.

I was thinking that maybe putting a set on E-bay would generate some interest. I would be willing to run that if there is interest in that method.

Thanks for running this ol' blue!
    Don Rolfson

Blog Entries

If we have a set that doesn't sell here, then we can look at other spots like Ebay, but I would prefer to sell them on this site first if we can. If we sell here, we can put 100% of the proceeds toward FAOL without Ebay getting a cut. Plus, I'd suspect that bids will be higher here because if people know that 100% of the selling price is going to the site, they will bid higher to help out. If we do end up selling off-site, I'll let you handle the auction. I do appreciate the offer.
    BTW, I am in the process of getting permission for using an auction type format on this site. It isn't something normally allowed, so I think that we'd better get their blessing first. If they aren't comfortable with it, we'll have to come up with some sort of pricing for the extra sets. But we'll worry about that later if we need to.

Greg
    Last edited by ol' blue; 01-10-2008 at 05:29 PM.

FFMIRSWTNBOF

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JRA View Post
    Just a suggestion - I think the whole idea of selling extra set to benefit FAOL would make for a great theme on other future swaps.
    It will begin to happen. I really like the idea of supporting the site through some of the swaps. It won't happen for every one, because I'm afraid that will get old and bids will stop coming in. But if we do them only occasionally, it will keep things fresh and support will be higher. I think that in some of my future swaps, I will be sure to have everyone include an extra fly to be raffled or sold off to benefit the site if the swap theme is something that is likely to attract some interest.

Also, I am going to tie up a few "bonus" flies in additional patterns to add to some of the sets that we are going to sell. I will add them into 2 or 3 sets so that the people that end up with the highest bids will get a little extra for their generosity to the site. (Although I'm not sure anything I've ever tied could be considered a bonus by anyone's definition. )

DDR, PM has been sent.

FFMIRSWTNBOF

+ Reply to Thread