You're right about that. If I go to Ace Hardware (where one of my sons work), they will not even sell me a paint brush unless they call the house and get an OK from my wife. I am not allowed to work on our cars, my motorcycles or anything mechanical. Strange, because I have no trouble with electronics, computers, guns, bows, guitars and tying flies. We all have our strengths and weaknesses.

Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Valencic
Quote Originally Posted by Gigmaster
Vt= the Square Root of (2mg divided by p x A x Cd).

Where Vt=Terminal Velocity
m=mass of the falling object
g= gravitational acceleration at the Earths surface
Cd = drag coefficient
p= density of the fluid the object is falling through
A= the objects cross-sectional area.

For that problem, it comes out to 100m/sec.

Semper Fi!
I think it's impressive that we have so many people on this board with such varied backgrounds. I have two customers with Phd's who routinely call me to "fix the mechanical stuff" which they just cannot seem to grasp. The Phd in Chemistry was impressed that I could change the flush valve in hit toilet in 15 minutes. He had worked on it all morning, and was totally frustrated. I was impressed that he knew what neutralized the chemical that spilled on my garage floor so I could stop the damage that was occurring.

If you did not fair well on the test, keep in mind that we each have our own unique gifts that we can share in different ways. A science test simply validates knowledge in that one area.

Everyone who passed the science test with 100% still has to pay $.55 for a Senior Coffee at McDonalds, just like the one who scored 50%. Life has a way of balancing it all out.

Joe