Just when I thought the nut case across the street could not get any nuttier, he decides to change the front door of his house, and begins removing the old door with a Sawzall....AT 5:45 A.M. What kind of a whack job would wake up the entire neighborhood at that hour by starting a construction project? My normally sweet bride (opposites attract) kicked me and asked; "What the hell is going on over there?" to which I replied; "He's probably using the Sawzall to chop up body parts of the screaming Mimi he lives with...just go back to sleep."

She wasn't having any of that noise, so she handed the phone to me and said to call the cops, since there's a noise ordinance in our city. Of course, it took twenty minutes for the fuzz to show up, and the next thing you saw was a green plastic tarp covering the opening and the fuzz pulling away. No shots were fired, but there was an exchange of words which I couldn't understand from 300 feet away. Probably some threat towards whoever would dare to call the cops on him for such a minor infraction.

Ahhhhh....peace and quite returns...until the dog starts whining to go out to do her business. Kicked again;"Go let your dog out before she makes a mess on my floor." To which I respond with the two words that have made our marriage successful for 35 years; "Yes, dear."

Joseph the Tired

P.S. I'm visiting my doctor today to try and determine why I have so many black & blue marks on my legs. Hopefully he'll have some answers for me. My wife says they're nothing to be concerned about. Hmmmmm.....