+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Colorado in December

Default Colorado in December

I've used a fly rod for many years, but always for bass and perch (MO and OK). I will be heading out to Colorado in late December, and I'm wondering if there is still good trout fishing that time of year. I'll be in Littleton, CO (near Denver).

Educate me, please.

Default Re: Colorado in December

Don't take your brass monkeys either.

Dr Bob
    Bob Widmaier

My biggest fear when I die is that my wife will sell my fly fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it!

3. Default Re: Colorado in December

Things can be pretty good...you should check on these sites and get a better opinion:
    coloradofishing.net and coloradotrouthunters.com . Just cut and paste into your browser witht he appropriate www. in front.
    In Littleton, you can flyfish a quarter mile from mainstreet and upstream on the Platte to Chatfield Reservoir and above the reservoir up Waterton canyon. Pretty tough fishing and slow but it's been my experience that if you want to take a short ride..45 minutes to and hour or so, you can get up near a town called Deckers. It is usually pretty good all year round.
    Then if you get serious and want to drive a bit...underneath the IOnterstate 70 bridge in Silverthorne offers some of the best fishing..incredible...and you can park in the factory outlet parking lot!
    But check into the sites I listed above and get help from a pro if you want to have a good experience.

4. Default Re: Colorado in December

Just coouldn't resist and went to the Colorado Trouthunter site:
    http://www.coloradotrouthunters.com/win ... shing.html All the good links are a the bottom of the page too..as well a the usual "Why can't I catch those" photo pages!
    and drooled...if one can drool over a trout. I might just can the Broncos game tomorrow and go fishing...oops, the Rockies play tomorrow night too!

+ Reply to Thread