+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Testing....

Default Testing....

Just checking to see if this new program works...

Okay.....guess I'm back to picture takin'

Me a my fishin' buddy went to a favorite lake Thursday and had a ball....that's my new toy, a 7' 4wt. bamboo. Now that's a blast.....

Nice photos! Congrats on the new rod.

Norm

Nice pix!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Ohiotuber;
    Don't you ever work? I'm going to see if I can get an alarm or something so I can get there first.
    jsentell;
    What program are you using? I'm at a loss at posting pictures! Even great ones like yours!!
    Can I ask where you got the rod? I have a 7' 3 wgt. graphite that I love.

------------------
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!

Cactus AKA "Lucky Dog (Pirate Name)"

Nice looking outfit...looks like you got that new fangled Sylk line on that boo!! sure looks nice

Jack; in answer to your question, yeh, sometimes, but, work is what you do occasionally when you can't fish!!!!
    The program is PhotoPosPro that I downloaded from CNet. You have a 30 day trial then you can buy it if you like. Seems to be simple enough to run, but does have a lot of features I'll never use.

I wanted to try bamboo so I started searching. I found a company called Headwaters in the northwest. Called them and took the owners' advice on choice based on the volumn they sell in Pennsylvania. (7' 4wt.) Comes with 2 tips.

Fit and finish are superb for a production rod and, on a trip to the Little Lehigh last Wednesday with my TU club, OLD guys that have been making and fishing bamboo for more than 40 years were very impressed.

dleo; that WAS the SYLK line. Couldn't get more than 15-20 feet, even my accomplished fishing buddy couldn't get anything out of it. So, I put on a reel spooled with SA GPX 5wt. and tossed 50' with no problem. More with a slow double haul. Maybe I should have up-lined a couple of weights with the SYLK. It's WF4F if you're interested and you can have it for $10 for shipping! Would never buy it again.

Went back to this lake on Sunday and landed, with much fanfare from others, a 4lb2oz. LMB. No problem until he got close to the boat, then he started his antics and ended up wrapping himself around my trolling motor shaft! Dropped the rod and started handlining him. After getting him in a fellow close by with his son wanted to weigh him; thus, the weight! Where was my camera? On the kitchen table!!!!

Bamboo is FUN!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by jsentell (edited 06 July 2005).]

jsentell - you have email if dleo does not take you up the sylk line.

Mike

+ Reply to Thread