+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scott A2 or Sage Launch?

Default Scott A2 or Sage Launch?

I'm researching for a purchase of 8' 4wt and am looking at the Scott A2 and Sage Launch. I own a few rods right now (a TFO 5wt, a custom 6wt and a Scott SAS 8wt). I'ld like to sell the 5wt and move down to a 4wt for even numbered rods (I like the 6wt better than the 5wt).

The Sage and Scott have similar warranties, action, and weight and I intend to cast both but I am told by some that have used both that it's difficult to tell them apart. So, I wondering if anyone has tried both and can tell one better than the other. I'm looking at a 2-piece since I don't travel in a plane and don't care for putting too many pieces together when getting ready to fish. Also the Scott is $250 and the Sage $170 so there is an $80 that probably be the deciding point unless the Scott is much better. I love my Scott SAS and had the Launch and A2 been priced much closer to each other, there would have been no question I would have chosen the Scott A2.

Your input is appreciated.

------------------

I tried out the Sage Launch and I feel in love with it. I will probably buy that rod. It seemed too good to be true for the money.

They are both good rods for the money. The actions are similar, though the Launch might be a bit faster depending on what brand of fly line you use. I think, for the dollar, the Launch is a better value.
    I've never met a fish I didn't like

I recently got the launch 3 wt and I love it. I didn't try the Scott 'cause I was looking for the 4pc.

The launch is a great rod!

------------------
    Paul H.
    "Whiskey is for drinking; Water is for Fighting over."

I just purchased a new Sage rod in 5 wt. However, I selected the Sage Fli rather than the Launch. The Launch is well priced and made by a first class company, but the action is too rigid for me. The Fli series was just right for me and it has made me a real tight loop caster. I would select the Launch in an 8 weight though for salt as it can pitch flies through wind. If you like a little slower action then overline it and it will load a little more noticeably. The price of these rods are absolutely unbeatable though and it makes this the best buy in fly fishing as it is made by a highly reputable rod maker with an excelent warrantee and its NOT IMPORTED.

I have heard nothing but good about Scott rods and I can't wait to get one too.

Well, it sounds unanimous! The Sage it is! Thanks y'all. I can't wait!

Too late I know, but I'll add a glowing review for the Launch.. I bought a 9' 5wt. 4 pc this spring and I reall really like it..a lot..

------------------
    These are the idle thoughts that posses a man's mind when he's not able to fish.

+ Reply to Thread