+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warm & Fuzzy Fly fishers?

Default Warm & Fuzzy Fly fishers?

Don't take this the wrong way...

BUT, SOME of the fly fishers are not the best people on the earth or the nicest fuzziest give you a fly outta there box kinda guys...

I have more than once tried to talk to a fly fisher at my local lake and because Im younger they do not take me seriously when I ask them hows fishing...

It really is annoying...And kinda funny at the same time.

I've even been talking to people which seemed nice and when I ask em what There fishing with they say FLIES....are u kidding me? What kinda smart @$$ remark is that...

Or, I get the while Im fishing they come up to me and say, Shouldn't you be in school?(It's ******* SATURDAY!!!!)

On the contrary though, There are many I meet who are nice, and respectful. Willing to give any fly in their box away.

I like those kinda guys.(the majority)
    Anyways, I feel better now.

Default Re: Warm & Fuzzy Fly fishers?

Hummm Read my post huh?...lol

But you make a fair statement....There have been a few who were not as friendly as others....But you'll have this with any group of Ppl...no matter what that group may constitute... Or... Human Nature my boy...Human Nature....But MOST will be of better Constitution!
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Chris,
    Your fortunate to own waders because your going to have to wade a river of B.S. on your way to being an Adult. FACE the FACTS!!! Your NOT NORMAL!!!! Your as Sick as the Rest of US!!!
    Jack Hise is probably the ONLY Warm & Fuzzy Fly Fisherman I know.
    Chris, Some Good Advice.....Talk to Many......Trust a FEW! and if anyone tries to hurt you......KICK them in the Groin...They will then change their Focus.
    Don't trust people that smile a lot. There are creeps out in the world that want desperately to be your friend with hidden motives.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

My son is almost 18, looks younger though, anyhow, I've noticed quite a few instances of various people thinking his age makes his needs less important, or think his age makes him less deserving of courteous and timely response. I've caught store clerks giving him the kid treatment quite a bit recently.

Guess what I'm saying is I don't think its just a Fly Fisher thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RDL
    Guess what I'm saying is I don't think its just a Fly Fisher thing.
    Nope it's not...It happens everywhere.

Go away kid you bother me!

Chris, all kidding aside you will meet all types in this world. The best advice I can give you is to be a good person and treat people the way you would want to be treated, but you already knew that.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Blog Entries

yeah i get that treatment at school now. we used to have a principle who was awsome and respected everybody but then he retired las year and we got this new guy whos treating us all like $%&^*%$ KIDS!!! IM DRIVING NOW AND HES ACTING LIKE IM IN *&^%*ELEMENTARY SCHOOL!! ITS SO FRIGGIN ANNOYING! i think the problem seems to be that they dont know how to treat highschoolers and think were the same as middle schoolers and elementary schoolers. so to a lot of older people age doesnt matter. if youre under 18 youre a kid to them. its unfair but its something that you just gotta get used to. however, to the adults who do treat us with respect, THANK YOU. yer kool. its nice to have adult friends who treat you like an adult too. so any way im done rambling for now. you all may proceed with youre lives

If your in No. Va. look out DDR has his permit to drivr now.
    Also hide sodas he likes to drink your last one.

PS But he is a good fishing friend to give me yet 1 more reason to go.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DDRRedneck500
    so any way im done rambling for now. you all may proceed with youre lives
    I love that punch line. Very clever...very clever indeed. Keep your sense of humor cuz you're going to need it to deal with the jug heads that will enter your life. You've met a couple already, so you know what you;re in for. Dealing with those arrogant and egotistical people is not limited to adult/youth interaction. Many adults receive the same treatment. Personally, I believe those people to have a psychological imbalance or self-esteem issues. The others are just wasting space on the planet and breathing our air for no good reason at all. It sure sucks to be them!

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Joe,
    I would tell the nincompoops to, "GET OFF OF MY CLOUD!!"
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

+ Reply to Thread