Took the scouts camping this weekend to Mohican and fished the Clearfok through the campground, just below the covered bridge a little bit. Water is pretty low, but running cool there. Not cold, as I wet waded and was very comfortable. Started out with a size 16 (smallest I had) para-BWO and had a few hits from fingerlings on it. Also had a few subtle hits on a prince. Caught one tiny carp on a prince Friday afternoon. I moved up to find some deeper water and found a deep, long pool right by the camp info center. Threw the box at em and started getting really frustrated. Had some perfect casts and drifts under the far side's hanging trees and notta. Moved to the top of the pool to swing some flies hoping that may work and it did! Caught one little smallie on an orange and brown clouser and had one other hit on it. Then cast a little too far and into the trees. After a little tug the clouser comes out, with a wide yellow leaf attached to it. As soon as it hit the water (with the leaf attached!) it had a violent hit and the fight was on. I'm sure it was a decent (I'd guess 16") smallie, but I lost him trying to get him onto the reel. That was quite a surprise. Never had a fish hit a leaf fly before. HHMMM, new pattern....
Lost some good flies Saturday morning to a few good looking flashes in another deep pool, but nothing else to hand.

Had a good time and even got to eat some fresh boiled crawdads. The boys caught several large ones (bout the length of my hand!!) and they boiled up really nice. MMMMMMM GOOD!