I've had one for a few years. It's the best bang for the buck in that price range. The only reason it's not on my bench right now is because I was given a Peak Vise (with pedestal and clamp) which also is an excellent vice. The Danvise still gets used from time to time as it makes a great travel vise. It's very light weight, and it seems to draw some extra attention as shows. My only beef with it was that you need to keep an eye on the little nuts holding the bobbin holder. I lost a couple. Other than that, I have tied down to #32 on that vise, just as a lark at a show once, but it held the hook well and I had no problem working with it. I do tie flies down to #28 on a pretty regular basis and it worked fine for me. I did have a couple of times when I would have liked the extended arm but from what I can recall...it was for long streamers and not small flies. I never ended up getting the extension so I must have figured my way out that one.

Like rods, I want something that does the job well, but I don't want it for an arm and a leg. One doesn't need to spend a lot to get a lot.