Well I went back to the pay to play lake today...payed my money for the fly club and I am back in it. I went down and fished for a few hours later in the day. Had lots of fun! even though I only caught one fish. I took my three weight and my 6 weight.
Finally was able to try the furled leaders that Fly goddess sent me! MAN!!!! are they ever AWESOME!!!! Holy cow! those things turn over like a feather! JUST AMAZING! thanx again fly goddess!!!!
Anyways, Here are some shots of my day(narrated none the less) Darn!!! there are two spots on the left that were my FAVORITE spots on the lake last year and they put trees behind so now I have to cast all funky in my favorite spots!!
The Castwell knot it will be!!!...The Nail knot failed me when I got into a fight with a tree...
FISH ON!! I caught a small bluegill on my three weight, THEN a 3-4 pound bass comes over and eats it while still on my line! My three weight is bent to the cork!(caught on the furled leader from fly goddess, have no reservations about there strength!!!) Bass eventually dug into the weeds and snapped off my fly.
Me doing a double haul with 60 feet of line in the air. (with my 6weight)
God Bless America. They put up a flag at the lake, Pretty cool I think.
Enjoy.