+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle Of Ohio (not ff)

Default Battle Of Ohio (not ff)

Mike (Ohiotuber),
    Your NFL teams made history yesterday, thanks to Derek Anderson (OSU grad) and Chad Johnson (OSU Grad) I feel sorry for Carson Palmer (Bengals) who threw for 400 yds and 6 touchdowns and LOST!
    Chad Johnson proved he's the craziest player in football by jumping into the Cleveland Fans after a touchdown and getting beer dumped on himself!
    Anyway it was a Crazy game!
    www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/20 ... owns_N.htm

Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Battle Of Ohio (not ff)

I heard, and I caution you that it might just be a crazy rumor.
    The reason the Ohio team was so good is because the Tuber himself trained them all in onstream relaxation techniques. As I say it just might be a rumor and not really true. Perhaps Mike could clear it up for us?
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

I can't take a bit of credit for that game, other than to say I've been a lifelong Brown's fan & have learned PATIENCE!! I can't remember when all facets of our offense looked that good. It was sure a fun game to watch, especially watching Johnson getting his "beer bath"! It relly took guts (or stupidity!) for him to dive into the Dawg Pound!......pretty humorous!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

As a life long Steeler fan the only better out come would have been for both teams to lose but give the unlikeliness of that I offer the following:

And here I opened this thinking I would find someone else who knows about the "Toledo War" in the early 1800's.

So, since we?re close to International Talk Like a Pirate Day, I shall highjack this thread and share some real trivia.

Seems that Michigan once coveted the Port of Toledo and decided to muster the local Militia to enforce their claim over the great and bustling port. Naturally, Ohio called out its Militia and laid a counter claim upon Michigan for the whole of the Upper Peninsula. One man from Ohio named Stickney, apparently a great patriot and intellect, decided rather than serve he would send his son's in his stead. His son's were creatively named, One Stickney and Two Stickney (reference the father?s aforementioned intellectual capacity). As the story goes the Militias cavorted about the countryside for sometime, doing there best to avoid an actual meeting engagement.

After all this cavorting thorough the countryside they were apparently taken by a great thirst and having exhausted there supply of "consumables" while in the process of "cavorting", did happen to stumble upon each other at tavern just over the Ohio boarder. As fate would have it One and Two Stickney exhibited the same patriotic zeal and high level of intelligents shown by the family patriarch and waded into the crowd of Michigan Militia and stuck one of the fellows in the leg with a rather small pen knife.

Well, blood having been drawn and honor satisfied, both groups withdrew to there respective territories. Ohio, having defeated the nefarious schemes of the invading Michiganders, promptly declared victory and retained title to the Port of Toledo. In an effort to avoid further bloodshed and as an appeasement to the people of Michigan they relinquished there claim to the U.P.

Now I ask you, with the benefits of hindsight, it would seem to me that even though Ohio claimed victory I suggest Michigan got the better of the deal.

Respectfully submitted for your amusement and enjoyment.

Disclaimer: The Author is not responsible for omissions or additions of or to the facts surrounding the actual events as the truth should never get in the way of a truly great tale.
    Joe Bertolini

OMG!!!!!! What did I DOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Hey Joe......You Pittsburgh fans NEVER spell "Stealers" correctly....as in "post stealers"!

Good luck this year...maybe we'll get you next game.

Go Browns!
    Mike

OT,

I never was considered a "strong" speller. I was typically one of the first kids out of the class room spelling bee's. That ought to date me a bit, when teacher weren't afraid to hurt your feelings (or your back side). If it weren't for spell check on the word processing programs I'd appear to be the redneck I really am! But as far as the great game of football is concerned as long as we're winning you can spell it anyway you like. Just to be clear, I don't hate anybody's football team, I just LOVE THE STEELERS!

I wish both the Browns and the Bengals the best of luck in there upcoming season and I certainly look forward to the next game we meet and beat them both!
    Joe Bertolini

nighthawk Guest

I only have one thing to say:

[url=http://www.thesmilies.com:2e960][/url:2e960]

Eric,

Phooey!!
    Mike

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotuber
    Eric,

Phooey!!
    Mike
    [url=http://www.thesmilies.com:0203e][/url:0203e]

+ Reply to Thread