+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darn dogs.

Default Darn dogs.

We have two dogs which are a queensland heeler/jack russel terrier mix and a medium chihuaha/terrier mix.

They both have a love for my bucktail and deer hair collection.
    SO FAR! they have eaten my purple, chartruese, and red bucktails!!! AND my white deer hair!!!

It's very annoying when I come home and I have forgotten to close the bucktail/deer hair drawer in the dresser, and walk into the living room to find that their color of choice has been torn beyond recognition.
    All I can do is laugh at it, Because they're so damn cute that you cant stay mad at them. . .Good thing? yes and no....

This is gonna get expensive though...If I cant remember to keep the dresser drawer closed!!

Anyone had this kinda stuff happen to them?

Default Re: Darn dogs.

Once...and I accepted full responsibility

Chris,
    My brother inlaw's dog Heidi (Rest in Peace) got into my fly tying materials one day and everyone thought I was going to have a COW, but it was MY fault, not hers. From that day forward it was referred to as Heidi's party!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Can you imagine what some of those materials must smell like to an animal with a sense of smell as keen as a dog's?

I've been lucky in that I've only had one dog that was always interested in my materials (especially bucktail)...the springer I referenced in another post. I don't recall him ever chewing anything up...mostly just walked off with them and didn't want to let go.

I did have another dog that was attracted to books. No she didn't read them, but rather liked the glue in the bindings. I had a habit of leaving books out, and she managed to destroy a few favorites.

I'm curious if anyone has ever experienced their dog chewing up their cork grip. I always thought the ad Orvis used when they brought out their unconditional warranty looked silly until I thought about it more...Oh no you don't buddy, don't even look at that rod!

That dog in that orvis ad was cute!

Agreed that dog was cute, but he was innocent no doubt! They set him up!

Yep...Our Cocoa, now almost 15 years old, got hold of a pack of Whiting grizzly hackle when she was much younger...I was able to save most of it, but there were feathers all over the place. Totally my fault for being careless......I never yelled, never punished the dog in any way, but I did learn to take better care of my stuff, & the incident has never been repeated.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Keep your fly boxes locked up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J Castwell
    Keep your fly boxes locked up!!!
    That would be deadly.

Ohio, That really sucks! I best keep my hackle under a tighter watch then. Even though I have had the sniff test with it already...put it in front of there face and if they start getting big eyes and inhaling deeply...I put it in the top drawer that is with the other stuff.

I didnt have bucktail and deer hair in that drawer though,,,Didn't want it stinking up my other stuff(read that making them targets of the dogs)

I hope you all remember that scene in the movie "Christmas Story" when the pack of DOGS comes running through the house into the kitchen, the DOGS grab the Turkey and run out the back door and the Mikie's Family ends up in the Chinese Restaurant singing Christmas Carols (In CHINESE!!!)
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

+ Reply to Thread