Hey there coltranem ! I was out of fly tying for 25 years, and a couple years back took it up again. I was amazed at the changes and advances. Dave's Flexament is certainly one of the high points. I've heard many complaints about the cost, but I think it's pretty reasonable if you can actually use all of it out of the little bottles. Thing is, you pretty much can't without spending hours every day tying, before it gets hard, like you see. The Goop/toulene mix is exacly the same thing, far as I can tell, and is much cheaper. Also you can keep adding thinner as you go and stay a jump ahead of the drying process. Back in the old days nail polish was it, and pretty much now I'd say it still is. I found out about Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails too, and it's the schizzle ! Just like saltamontes says, a little dab, a whip, and shazzam ! The flexament goop is very cool though, and I still keep a bottle of it going for lots of things, including line to leader knots. However, I have more than one little square bottle of hard flexament hangin' around.
Happy tyin'..........................ModocDan