Folks,
I am posting this request for 2 of my dearest friends, Amy & Eric Bridges, who we all know & love as Nighthawk. I am copying Eric's latest email to me so it's, so to speak, straight from the horse's mouth. God only knows how many of us have been Blessed through thoughts & prayers from these two wonderful people. Now it's our turn to ask God to watch over and keep them. Following is the email...

Mike,
The doctor is not very happy with the second scan done today. Doc says there are multiple Lesions, as she is now calling them, in both lungs. There is a 1.9 cm lesion in one lung and a .5-.9 cm lesion in the other lung. All in the bottom of the lungs along with many other small lesions. The Radiologist told doc that their shape does not appear to indicate an infection, more likely cancer.

Doc says she is still holding out hope that they are still some form of nodule caused by an infection or foreign object. A needle aspiration biopsy will be done a.s.a.p. along with a mammogram. Probably a colonoscopy as well. If it is cancer then a bone scan and P.E.T. scan will be done as well to track down the source.

From what I have been able to learn multiple nodules of 3 to 5 centimeters or smaller usually are not cancer but the result of previous infections. However, due to Amy's family history of lung cancer doc is not too optimistic. Some of her relatives never smoked and still died from lung cancer. Doc did tell us that she is not giving up hope and neither are we. We will just wait and see what the Pathologist comes up with.

We both want to thank you and Colleen for your thoughts and prayers. They mean a lot to us. We are putting all of our faith in the Lord. In the end, no matter what happens, He will take care of us. God's will be done.

Mike, I hate to impose upon you but right now I just cannot bring myself to post about this on the board. If it's not too much trouble could you post for me? Feel free to use this email if you want to do this for me. If you don't want to post I understand. It's a hard thing to do when someone you care about is going through this and I do not want to cause you any pain.

God bless,
Eric and Amy

Amy and Eric.....The only pain you could have caused me is if you had not allowed me to join you in this battle. You are in my prayers, and if you need ANYTHING, I am only an email or phone call away. Say the word and I can be there in a matter of hours if need be. We love you both.

Let's keep Amy and Eric in our prayers. These folks are, as we know, counted among the finest on FAOL, or for that matter, ANYWHERE!
Thanks & God Bless,
Mike