I was in Hobby Lobyy yeaterday and I found some cotton balls in different sizes that looked exactly like what they sell for Glo-Bugs at Cabelas, only these were only $1.99 for 50+. They are firmer than plain cotton balls, just like the pre-made glow bug thingys at Cabelas. I brought some red small balls and a few white mediums (about 1/2" diam.) to play with.

I ran a scud hook through them with a drop of super glue on it, and they seem secure. They look just like well-tyed Glo-Bugs, without the hassle. They even had some sparkly ones at Hobby Lobby that I plan to go back and get.

I went to the tailraces at Carter's Lake yesterday evening and used the white medium balls with a drop of vanilla extract on them for carp. I casted up stream on the edge of the current and just let it drift around in the eddies (I used my 8 wt with a 2X leader and 8 lb tippet). Within 6 minutes, I had a carp literally rocket away with it. After a 5 minute fight, I landed a 22 lb carp. I caught 3 more in the next hour, and 1 Buffalo that weighed close to 14 lbs. The carp were all 10-15 lbs. I had to quit because my arms were tired. I rested for a bit and tried one more cast, after putting a bit more vanilla on the ball, and in 3 minutes hooked a 4 lb. drum with an attitude.

I had about 2 hours of daylight left, so I went to my close trout stream, behind the house, and used the red small balls and put Berkely's Trout/Salmon egg scent on one. I caught 3 decent rainbows (undoubtably stockers) in 20 minutes. I think these things really work. They were in the section that had the doll eyes, and doll-making stuff.

Tomorrow morning, I am going to go back to the tailraces and use the white balls again, but this time I will use Berkleys Catfish scent on them and try to nail some cats for supper. I'll try to take some pictures as well.

Y'all gotta try these! They should even work on a spinning or baitcast rig with a slip sinker.

Someone has probably already discovered these, but just in case, I wanted everyone to know. I'm having a blast with them.

Semper Fi!