Hi Guys,

A good friend of mine from the UK is over here in St. Charles for two weeks on business and he really wants to fish either trout or smallmouth while he's here. Unfortunately I'm just a few states too far away to help him out. I don't know a thing about IL and the fishing that's near St. Charles

I'm sure you guys are aware that while the UK has a lot of Holy Water like the Test and the Itchen, it comes at an unholy price of hundreds of bucks per day. So Brian was hoping to take advantage of good old American public water while he's here.

So would any of you Illinois fly guys be willing to share a tip or two where he might find some trout action within a reasonable drive of St. Charles?

BTW, Brian has sworn The Sacred Oath of Fly Fishing Non Disclosure before he first fished with me. He understands and has developed an absolute inability to ever disclose (or even to remember) rivers and spots that are shared with him. So be assured, your tips will not be broadcast anywhere else. And you can PM me if you want to keep it more private.

Anything you guys could share to help a poor Scottish guy out?

Thanks.

Grouse