The rod is completely graphite. It is sold with the line and according to Jerry Siem it is designed for that specific line. The line is also sold separately by Rio. If on the chance you want to use a sink tip, etc, you should match the grain weight. This rod system (and it is a system) falls outside normat AFTMA standards - quite deliberately.

I cast both the largemouth and smallmouth yesterday. While heavy they aren't the super stiff pokers you'd expect. Very much like fiberglass with a slow deliberate action, tons of muscle and a delicate delivery of bugs the size of small birds.

I'll be reviewing one on Fly Fish Ohio in the near future. It's really an amazing rod and the first NEW idea in fly rods in a long, long time. Very useful. The Largemouth is an excellent choice for pike, muskie, snook and tarpon in the 'glades. The Smallmouth is ideal for bass of all types. The rods are designed for underhand and overhand casting with distances to 60', though you can fire a cast a lot longer than that. It's a wonderful departure for Sage and I'm truly impressed.

Joe C - from the FFR trade show...