+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fly Boxes for Midges

Default Re: Fly Boxes for Midges

Rawfish -- drop me a PM with your address and I'll mail one to you. We're not selling them to fly shops yet, and we need to get a few more being tested out there on the water before we do.
    DANBOB

wow that boomerang effect fly box sounds like the best thing ever!!!

That brings up a good point.

Always put your name and phone number (with area code) in your flybox. If it gets lost, at least whoever finds it has the option of giving it back.

Speaking of putting a name on your boxes...I bought some orvis lightweight floating fly boxes...They have tags glued to the box of the for your name address and phon number!!! How cool is that.

To everyone who has inquired about getting some magnetic midge boxes from me:

THANK YOU for your interest. All this came in while I was gone fishing! And exposed me slacking, since the boxes are not on our website yet. I'll have your PMs answered this evening, and your fly boxes in the mail in about 3 days, plus info on the website later today. Retail price is $12.00 (strong magnets are expensive!), but I offered these samples up for free. So if you wish to pay me, that would be great (details will be in your PM from me), and if not you are now an official 'product tester,' and I expect to hear back from you in a few months about how the midge boxes worked out for you! I'll also have a couple dozen of them for sale in Idaho at the Fish-In later this month. I do also offer wholesale prices for fly shops and the like.

Thanks for your patience -- DANBOB

UPDATE -- all the info about these boxes is now up online at:
    http://www.littlesouthfork.com/tools.html

And the retail price has dropped to $10 + S&H
    Again, thanks for the interest!

i use the C&F hook pallets for all my midges and other tiny flies they are magnetic and have a clear top while holding a ton of flies.
    Catch and Release So Others Can Enjoy Them

I have one of these and like it a lot.

http://www.tachit.com/flybox.asp

try the 7-day medicine dispensers available at any pharmacy--not expensive and with 7 compartments an entire assortment of colors and sizes of midge patterns can fit inwith ease

The best possible combination is one of the C&F midge boxes and a fly spinner from Feather-Craft. The latter is a small cross-lock tweezer that one can use to pluck the smallest fly from the C&F box, then thread the tippet and spin the tweezers to make a clinch knot.

Since the spinner is a cross-lock, one need not keep pressure on to hold the fly in place. Drop everything (or a few things, as I often do) and the fly is still in the tweezers, just waiting to be knotted into place.

Best gadget EVER. I fish tiny flies all the time, and this tool makes it easy.

Danbob, I received the fly box you sent to me. So far I am impressed. I will fill it up and use it hard. I will send you a report of what I think, and I will send you a check within the next month. Thanks again for giving me the chance to try this box out. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

+ Reply to Thread