I've been using a Folstaf since they came out. Infact I have two, so that when my son travels up north from the city to fish with me a couple of times a year he can use one too. They do become stuck together pretty easily as even with very careful wading there are times when I have to put some leaning pressure on them to gain ballance, and I think anyone who hasn't done this on occasion either doesn't fish much or fishes in level bottom fine gravel streams... and that is exactly why I use one. I can get the top joint apart to dump out the water (they do hold water) and they still fit in the back of my SUV comfortably. If I ever get them apart again I will try the parafin. My only thought on that is that parafin will catch fine grit and sand once out of the water either from windborne particles or the floor of your trunk, etc that will stick to it and perhaps make matters worse, Cleaning after every use and reaplying a wax of some type may be the answer.
I would like to see one with a few small holes along it's length to let water out as I walk back to my car to move on to another spot. I think this could be done with out weakening it.
While I am fishing/wading I have it tien on my right side. When I begin casting I simply bring it across my waist to the upstream side or just behind me depending whether the current is coming from my left or right....and let it float/sink behind me where it is easily grabbed when I am ready to move on.... Even with this sticking problem I wouldn't be without one.... Bob