Well, I had to post this after a discussion I had this week. I was on the river and this gentleman remarks on my fly rod, bamboo, of course, and says "I think they're wonderful looking rods, but they're so fragile." Well, I didn't argue with him, I was after all, fishing a 7' 2 wt... fragile, I guess, compared to my Snake Rod, or my other 4's and 5's, but still... Anyways, he was still standing there when I hooked a very nice rainbow. This was a typical football shaped fish (typical of the White River in Arkansas). He measured a little over 21 inches (this little rod has intermediate winds all down it, so measuring was quick and easy and still allowed me to release the fish unharmed... except for his ego...) and was FAT!!! Not healthy, not "he's got a little girth", he was FAT!!! So the guy watches as I land this bow, then walks over to see it. Well, point is that he doesn't consider bamboo FRAGILE anymore. I can't quote exactly what he said... Deanna will censor me if I do, but he was impressed, to say the least, with the ease with which a 2 weight rod handled a 21 inch fish.

Later,

Bob

RL Nunley, Rodmaker
http://www.rlnunley.com