Quote Originally Posted by DaleW
I went into the service at the time they were using up all the old "C's" from WWII ... everything was in tall cans, AND, the cigarettes were usually Chesterfield or Lucky Strike (non-filter) and you got a full pack! It was the newer ones that came out during Korea, where the main meat meal (like beef steak) was in the lower profile can, much like a tuna can. Then they went to the four pack, filtered smokes. But the all time barf "C's" that I ever put in my mouth was from that old WWII lot and that was "Sauage Patties".

Dale
Cooked, canned sausage patties![url=http://www.thesmilies.com:2dc92][/url:2dc92] No wonder you guys fought like you were mad. Burning 7,000+ calories a day, all you have to look forward to is your meal and someone gives you WWII sausage patties. That would make me mad too.

There is one thing that came with the C rations that you do not get with an M.R.E. It is one of the very best, most versatile tools ever invented. The P-38 can opener and its larger version the P-51 can opener.