but I have been fishing all over the country (really). I went fishing at the beginning of the month in CA with my grandfather who is 83 this year. We were in the ocean out of half-moon bay and we did well for rockfish and ling. He actually tied up some experimental flys and even the ling liked them.

I did end up fishing the Connecticut during the end of July and there were fish all over the stream. We fished from Stewartstown to Pittsburg and there were stock fish everywhere. Many nice brookies and rainbows that were fun.

However, it is now the end of August. We had a stretch of cold weather (70 degrees) and that really brought the trout back to life in the Pemi. A friend and I fished last Friday (24th) and we saw and missed so many fish that I blush at the thought. Emergers were the fare of the day and a black stone fly on a # 4 worked best. There were fish working all up and down the river. We even had people swimming 50 yards up stream (water temp dropped back to about 71 degrees) and the fish were very active. We caught many fish in the 10 to 14 inch range and witnessed a couple 20+. I am looking forward to late September in some of these holes.

I am going to the Pemi below Bristol this weekend. It is further from the tourist section and this is labor day. I am always looking for others who share the love of a great NH river/ stream.
-Joe