Doug,
Not to be avoiding the question but there have actually been quite a few studies done on how potent different brands of coffee. If you really need the cafine I believe Mountain Dew has more caffine than coke or Pepsi. When I go to Miami I see the cuban folks down there drinking their espresso in what looks like something about the size of a shot glass. Personally I just drink the whole pot.
One time my wife was working as an RN in a small Cuban hospital in Tampa and one of the girls she was working with went to the cafiteria to get a cup of coffee. The lady asked her if she wanted Cuban coffee or American coffee. she said what the heck, I've never tried it before give me the Cuban. The nurse went back to the unit where they were working and drank her coffe through the rest of the shift. She told them later that when she got home she was so wired she cleaned her whole house from top to bottom before she was tired enough to go to bed.
Speaking of that I have some decafe espresso... sounds good.

I looked this up on the coke.com website.

One cup of most caffeine-containing sparkling beverages contains only about one-third the amount of caffeine found in a cup of coffee.

An 8-ounce serving of sparkling beverage contains about 23-31 milligrams of caffeine. An 8-ounce serving of coffee contains between 104-192 milligrams, depending on brewing. Dark chocolate contains about 35 milligrams per ounce.

Product Range

Coffee, 8 oz. drip: 104 -192 mg

Espresso, 1.5 oz.: 30-100 mg

Energy drink, 8 oz.: 70-85 mg

Tea, 8 oz. brewed: 20-90 mg

Iced tea, 8 oz.: 9-50 mg

Sparkling beverages, 8 oz.: 23-31 mg

Cocoa beverage, 8 oz.: 3-32 mg

Milk chocolate, 1 oz.: 1-15 mg

Dark chocolate, 1 oz.: 5-35 mg

Rusty <><