flipped it over carefull kind of like omlet there was beans to go with the
    and egg thing . and 4 cans coke.

Default Re: Whats for breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by backwoods
    three eggs fried then some canned ham veggies in middle
    flipped it over carefull kind of like omlet there was beans to go with the
    and egg thing . and 4 cans coke.
    backwoods,
    Do you happen to know if a Cup of Coffee has the same, less or more Caffiene than a Coke or Pepsi??
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Doug,
    Not to be avoiding the question but there have actually been quite a few studies done on how potent different brands of coffee. If you really need the cafine I believe Mountain Dew has more caffine than coke or Pepsi. When I go to Miami I see the cuban folks down there drinking their espresso in what looks like something about the size of a shot glass. Personally I just drink the whole pot.
    One time my wife was working as an RN in a small Cuban hospital in Tampa and one of the girls she was working with went to the cafiteria to get a cup of coffee. The lady asked her if she wanted Cuban coffee or American coffee. she said what the heck, I've never tried it before give me the Cuban. The nurse went back to the unit where they were working and drank her coffe through the rest of the shift. She told them later that when she got home she was so wired she cleaned her whole house from top to bottom before she was tired enough to go to bed.
    Speaking of that I have some decafe espresso... sounds good.

I looked this up on the coke.com website.

One cup of most caffeine-containing sparkling beverages contains only about one-third the amount of caffeine found in a cup of coffee.

An 8-ounce serving of sparkling beverage contains about 23-31 milligrams of caffeine. An 8-ounce serving of coffee contains between 104-192 milligrams, depending on brewing. Dark chocolate contains about 35 milligrams per ounce.

Product Range

Coffee, 8 oz. drip: 104 -192 mg

Espresso, 1.5 oz.: 30-100 mg

Energy drink, 8 oz.: 70-85 mg

Tea, 8 oz. brewed: 20-90 mg

Iced tea, 8 oz.: 9-50 mg

Sparkling beverages, 8 oz.: 23-31 mg

Cocoa beverage, 8 oz.: 3-32 mg

Milk chocolate, 1 oz.: 1-15 mg

Dark chocolate, 1 oz.: 5-35 mg

Rusty <><

Rusty,
    Aren't the Energy drinks a rip off?? They are expensive and they only add ginseng!
    Now! back to breakfast.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

I don't drink them very often. If I do it's because I haven't had ALL the rest I need. I did buy one once that "skeered" me. It was a Coke Blak. they come in a scaled down version of a regular Coke bottle, but are only about 4 or 5 oz. IIRC the "active" ingredient or at least the one thing I was familiar with was something like phenolate or something like that. I have no idea what it is, but I know it sent my heart to racing. I don't think I'll try that stuff again. next time I'll settle for a power nap.

BTW I think tomorrow breakfast will be scrambled eggs and sliced tomatoes with toast. Nothing heavy before church.

Rusty <><

Yankee Grits

1 pound Italian sausage
    1 pound regular breakfast sausage
    1 large green pepper, chopped fine
    1large onion chopped; vidalia or other sweet onion is preferable
    6 servings old fashioned grits, prepared according to package directions
    Butter to taste

1. Brown and drain sausage.
    2. Cook grits with salt, pepper and butter according to package directions. Stir in green pepper and onions. Add browned sausage and cheese and stir until cheese melts.

Makes 6 servings.

Blog Entries

If my beverage ever tries to "sparkle" at me, I'm gonna shoot it right in the..., well, right in the can.

Ed, a consumer of industrial-grade coffee

Doug would you really do that to such a fine food as grits? Oh the shame of it all. I've just gotten over my sister in law putting cheese in hers.

I'll never forget being in the chow hall one day and watching some guy load his tray down with grits. when he sat down he put all kinds of sugar and milk on them then dug in. BLAH!!! and he spit them out. What is THAT! He says. A big rednecked DI came up behind him and in a dramatic southern drawl says BOY, THEM THAR'S GRRRIIIITSSSS! Now you eat up now you hear. That poor New Yorker thought they was cream of wheat.

Tomorrow I'm off of work for the holiday. It looks like it will be bacon and buckwheat cakes in the morning.

Rusty <><
    On the wife'scomputer

Rusty,
    That's how I feel about what my Dad does to his coffee! Start with black coffee, add 1 cup of cream and sugar, Drink!
    Doug

EGGO waflles!!!!
    Isn't it great being a teenager??!!

Never had grits, Mom says they taste like S%$@

Doug, you think that's bad for coffee....go to starbucks and watch them make you a iced mocha frappuchino...about 1/4 chocolate, 1/4 milk 1/4coffee 1/4 ice! theres hardly any coffe in it and not to mention the 4-7 cubes of sugar that are in it and the calories that are something like 400...BUT damnit they taste good!

+ Reply to Thread