+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Here we go again

Default Here we go again

I'm finally getting around to rebuilding the gatti tip that I broke last summer while reeling in a fish. This time I ordered two tips. We got an Eco-Wrapper at the recent rod building conclave here in the 'Cities that I'm looking forward to trying out.

I haven't posted in so long that you probably don't even know me, but any encouragement you might give will be appreciated.

Here's how it turned out the first time (before breaks number one and two). The wraps, which you can't see too well in this photo, are scarlet, silver and pewter.

Default Re: Here we go again

Hi Flyangler,

I have no fear your tips will be a perfect match. Your attention to
    detail has always been obvious. And now you have a new helper
    should you get in a bind.*G* Warm regards, Jim

Nice Gatti. Someday I'll get off my duff and order one of those for myself. Problem is deciding which wt I want to get.

That Eco-Wrapper is a really nice unit. I copied some of the design elements and incorporated them into my original home-brew wrapper. The best part of that wrapper is being able to take both hands off the rod without worrying that it will start to unravel. I know you'll fall in love with it. Here's what I copied from it for my wrapper:

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Thanks Jim and Joe!

Sure glad my teacher kept the form we wrote all the guide placements on. Both tips have tops on them, ferule wraps and one also has the guides taped on. I think I'll rest for the day now.

+ Reply to Thread