Amen brother. I love Micropterus dolomieui, may they forever swim about with that streetfighter scowl on their fishy faces. These two lines had me giggling to myself to the extent that my 12 year old looked at me funny.
Once, while wading, I had a hooked bass run straight at me and encircle my legs with my fly line twice before I could think to reel. To this day, I'm firmly convinced he planned to drown me and mount my hat on his wall. To subdue such a creature, I will gladly utilize any advantage evolution or science can provide.
My specialty is the roll cast that crashes into the water with a splash only slightly less than that you would expect if I tossed in a lawn chair.
The wife and I had a blast catching smallies last night until the we both awoke to the realization that the driving rain we had been standing in for the last hour had in fact soaked us both to the bone and we would have been less wet had we dove into the river. When the fish are biting I don't easily get distracted, and apparently either does she. Man she IS a keeper.