+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Inspired by FG's Passing Lane Post - Holding Up the Line

Default Inspired by FG's Passing Lane Post - Holding Up the Line

Well since I had the opportunity to vent on the passing lane post; I figured I add a few more things that tick me off.

Late Swipers - these are the people; ALWAYS in front of me in the grocery store or Wal Mart; who wait until the everything is scanned, bagged and in the cart before they hunt for their wallet or purse; THEN they fish for their credit or debit card. This is followed by swiping; waiting for approval etc; making the entire transaction take WAY longer than necessary.

I too use a credit card when I shop and I have a NEWS FLASH - you can take out the card and swipe it after the FIRST item is scanned! That way when the checker is done; you just sign the slip and move out of the way of the customers behind you in the same amount of time as a cash customer. In other words; in the shortest amount of time possible. Heck if you are using a check; you can even take out the checkbook and write the payee's name on it and sign it while she is scanning your Metamucil so when you get the total; you can just write in the amount instead of waiting until the last minute to even GET OUT your checkbook and write out the whole thing. Trust me; the rest of us waiting in line really DON'T want to read the Weekly World News headlines about Bat Boy.

But wait, maybe you don't care that you are holding up the line?

Pump Procrastinators - these are the maroons that buy gas at a station with long lines; pay at the pump but decide that they need a cup of Joe inside the fillin' station; OR, they buy gas and pay with cash and have to pay inside. But in both cases; they leave their car parked in front of the pump instead of moving it to an available parking spot in front of the fillin' station; thereby freeing up the pump for the next customer. NEWS FLASH - many of the pump gizmos in the store can do magical things like remember the last few transaction so EVEN if you are paying with cash; it IS possible for the attendant to reset the pump for the next customer.

LATE BREAKING NEWS - unless you drive COMPLETELY away from the fillin' station and go home; you won't be arrested for fill and flee. It is perfectly fine AND LEGAL to pull away from the pump to a parking spot to conduct business in the store. I do it ALL of the time.

Yea I guess I am a bit impatient but it seems like the whole world never looks behind them...

...just at themselves in the mirror.

[url=http://www.thesmilies.com:deaab][/url:deaab]

Default Re: Inspired by FG's Passing Lane Post - Holding Up the Line

Bamboozle- A BIIIIIG Amen. Same peeves I got

Bamboozle,
    Thanks for your post! Just what I needed to do 'RANT' some more!
    You MISSED something VERY important in your description of the little old Lady trying to write a check for her Metamucil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You Forgot To Mention That AFTER she finally gets done writing her check! SHE JUST HAS TO R E C O R D!!!!!!
    The D A M TRANSACTION IN HER CHECK BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOOK LADY!!!!! This is the EXPRESS LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What's the WORST that could happen to me if I TACKLED HER????????????????
    I've got a CLEAN Record! It would just be a FIRST OFFENSE!!!!!
    Again thanks Bamboozle!!!!
    Doug P.S. Excuse me while I check on my next Therapy appt.!
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Quote Originally Posted by DShock
    Bamboozle,
    Thanks for your post! Just what I needed to do 'RANT' some more!
    You MISSED something VERY important in your description of the little old Lady trying to write a check for her Metamucil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You Forgot To Mention That AFTER she finally gets done writing her check! SHE JUST HAS TO R E C O R D!!!!!!
    The D A M TRANSACTION IN HER CHECK BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOOK LADY!!!!! This is the EXPRESS LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What's the WORST that could happen to me if I TACKLED HER????????????????
    I've got a CLEAN Record! It would just be a FIRST OFFENSE!!!!!
    Again thanks Bamboozle!!!!
    Doug P.S. Excuse me while I check on my next Therapy appt.!
    LMAO!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozle
    Well since I had the opportunity to vent on the passing lane post; I figured I add a few more things that tick me off.
    <snipo>
    LATE BREAKING NEWS - unless you drive COMPLETELY away from the fillin' station and go home; you won't be arrested for fill and flee. It is perfectly fine AND LEGAL to pull away from the pump to a parking spot to conduct business in the store. I do it ALL of the time.

Yea I guess I am a bit impatient but it seems like the whole world never looks behind them...

...just at themselves in the mirror.

[url=http://www.thesmilies.com:0f7ba][/url:0f7ba]
    Sorry Bamboozle, that depends entirely on where you are. Locally, if you get caught starting to drive off, you can get tagged for theft. I understand your frustration, but be very careful about giving legal advice. There are people from a lot of countries in addition to our United States looking on.

Patience is a virtue.

Ed

Driver's Prayer

"Dear Lord, please give me patience...NOW!"

I just want to know who put the ranters in charge of the rest of us. Fact of the matter is that YOU are the problem, and the rest of us are OK. Plus, we don't even know you are upset with us, so we keep having a happy day while you're looking for your Tums. Why do you do that to yourselves?

I'm going to continue to drive this baby as I see fit, so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Is that JERKS tailgating me! and IDIOTS passing me?????
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Hey, isn't that the reason we fish?

I know I am in a hurry most of the time, and sometimes I get erked. But you have to take a deep breath and let it go. Everyone isn't on the same clock. If I had my choice, I wouldn't even carry one. And when I show up is when I show up. But other people wouldn't like that very much. So I stay within and hour or two of being on time.

People annoy me very much. But people in line and on the freeway don't. You don't always have the right of way and sometimes other people are more right than you are. I spend my life on the road and in retail stores. If I let every slow walker and slow driver and slow checker outer get under my skin, I'd be dead. So lets try and keep the peeves to litterers and polluters. It's much better for the environment anyway. And if you find yourself getting all worked up some day. Call in and go fishing.

I did my grocery shopping yesterday
    Spent more time in the checkout line than I did filling up my cart, maybe 25 minutes, maybe more.
    I had a nice conversation with a sweet old lady in line behind me.
    Don't get your blood pressure up about the small stuff.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Valencic
    Driver's Prayer

"Dear Lord, please give me patience...NOW!"

I just want to know who put the ranters in charge of the rest of us. Fact of the matter is that YOU are the problem, and the rest of us are OK. Plus, we don't even know you are upset with us, so we keep having a happy day while you're looking for your Tums. Why do you do that to yourselves?

I'm going to continue to drive this baby as I see fit, so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Joe
    Amen, Joe! And drive on, brother...drive on!

I actually get a big kick out of slowing down in front of tailgaters. And I waited in line as long as the folks behind me will. I OWN that spot right now. And I move at MY favorite pace. I cannot understand why folks fret so much over things they have no control over instead of learning to accept them and work on things they CAN control/influence. That little old lady with her checkbook is probably doing the best she can. And she probably doesn't get out that much anymore and really gets a lot of benefit from these little bouts of independence. And...as I've said before...if you don't have the extra 1-2 seconds it takes me to swipe my CC, what the heck are you doing standing in line in a store? You're already late! And...newsflash...that is YOUR fault...not ours.

+ Reply to Thread