While I sit at work for what feels like the 100 millionth time, staring at the same computer screen and putting off the same crappy work that I do every day so I can try to find a small enjoyment in living vicariously through your fishing trips I wonder....how did I ever get stuck with this kind of job?

This question goes out to all of you who have landed the big one. The dream job. I always pictured myself working outside, in particular, in harmony with nature. Well, I couldn't handle Biology classes, so I now I work at a Bank.

For those of you who are guides, have been guides or are pursuing this line of work (be it fishing, climbing, hiking...whatever outside in the wild) how do you do it? I tend to hold guides up on a pedistal, as I think a lot of anglers do. But they all started at the same place, in the same way most of us did. I understand that guides get the great opportunity of baby sitting folks you woulnd't normally want to be around, on occasion. But what kind of a job could be better. You get paid to do that? To fish?! (or show someone else how to)

Mostly this is rant is a form of therapy for me; venting to folks I know will read it. But I really am curious what it takes to be a guide, and how you go about finding a guide job (I haven't ever seen a guide opening on Monster.com)