Hi all, I've been lurking around FAOL for a while and finally registered here. So with that, HELLO everyone!

I'm calling on all of the experts out there to help guide me as to how to remove a reel seat and then replace that and add a new grip. I've been tying flys for about 5 years, but have no prior rod building/repair experience.

First of all, what's the best way to go about removing the existing reel seat? There is a plastic reel seat on there now and the cork has been removed. There are however reminants of cork stuck too the blank with epoxy. How can I remove those, or is that nothing to worry about?

Once the reel seat has been removed, what type of epoxy should I use to attach the new one and the new grip?

If there are any suggestions that you have as for tools...and I've got no rod building tools but a decent supply of around the house kinds of tools...I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, what type of epoxy can or should I use? Would something like liquid nails work?

I'd like to keep this project to a minimum as far as tools/materials goes.

This is a stepping stone I think for me because I've always wanted to build a rod and this is a good way to get into some of the basics.

Any intput that you have is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jaybo