Quote Originally Posted by DShock
Photojoe4,
I just wanted to tell you sincerely, that your reply was a 'Pleasure' to read! What a Honor it is to hear from someone who is a expert about carrying Pocket Watches! It is a treasure from our past and thank you for keeping it alive.
Doug

Doug, I'm far from an expert, but I am quite fond of them Another thing I forgot to point out is that the old "railroad" grade watches were/are really a lot more durable than most people realize- they were made to withstand the rigors of train travel, AND keep time to within 30 seconds a week! A "railroad" grade watch might be a bit pricey, though (most I've seen start at around $3-400). If you want just a nice mechanical pocket watch, I'd say you should look for a 15-17 jewel 16 or 18 size from the major U.S. makers (Elgin, Illinois, Hamilton, Waltham, Hampden, South Bend). You should probably also look for one that has either a base metal, stainlesss steel, or nickel silver (Silveroid, etc...) open face case. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Regards,
Joe Martin