I've just completed building one of Jim Smith's dubbing twisters and am having a great time playing with it. I now have some questions and comments about making dubbing brushes....

What is everyone using as a source for wire? I've stripped out some speaker wire and that is the best that I've found so far. It even has both the copper and tin plated copper (silver) color wire strands that look to be about 32 AWG. So what other sources of wire are there out there?

Has anyone painted the trough where the wire and dubbing material go white? I was noticing as I was adding some cream dubbing that I was having a little trouble determining how much I had on since it blended into the oak color. Just curious.

If you build your turbo twister out of oak, the brass inset nuts will shear off rather than thread in. Stainless is probably a better choice if you can find it for the harder woods.

I could only find a fairly small knob at Lowes for the end. A larger knob would probably be better and I may construct a new one from wood. Has anyone made one that could be hooked to a cordless electric drill?

Jim - thanks for sharing your plan in Fly Tyer Magazine. I'm having a blast!

TxEngr