Quote Originally Posted by Joe Valencic
Well, I go away to take care of the yard and help a neighbor, only to return and find this diatribe going on against Betty. SM, take it from a 57 year old Vet and put your personal opinion in a box, swallow what's left of your pride and apologize for your misplaced remarks. We all have said things during our lives which we realize should never have been said. The smart person is the one who admits the error of their ways and asks forgiveness for their poor choice of words. The not-so-smart person defends their ignorance, and the moron argues himself into a deeper abyss.

IMHO, you have a choice here that is self evident. You have deeply hurt one of our own, and we will defend her integrity until our (or your) posting privileges are taken away. Let's bury this topic before any additional feelings are hurt, and get back to talking about fly fishing. I don't want to see anyone get banished over this thread, and I'm not sure how long JC will tolerate this.

Joe
Yeah, I'm kind of waiting for he and Deanna to read it myself. I don't apologize for getting attacked by anyone. And not a SINGLE law enforcement officer has contacted me and expressed that I offended them. If I unintentionally HAD and they approached it differently than Betty did, I would certainly apologize. That post has been up for something like 3 days now.

As for that "one of our own" business, Joe (who registered in 2006), Betty and I both joined FAOL within about 30 days of each other in early 2004. So you're sort of speaking out of school when you go there.