Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman
Darn I was just going to lurk....but some things are so obvious...

SM, you said...
"And not a SINGLE law enforcement officer has contacted me and expressed that I offended them."

So what... this is a fly fishing site ...try putting this in your local newspaper and see what response you get..."That's why most of our cops are idiots. Only a moron would embark upon a career plan like that."...

and I find this offensive...." And I still stand by my statement that only a moron would spend $50k to get a job that pays $10.50 - $13.50 an hour when he could make that at a fast food restaurant or tending bar with no education."

You are actually trying to tell me to believe that there are not people that choose their way of life because they want to contribute...to do something they desire ...to better society...to follow a dream...etc.

I find things in this thread more offensive than the last one that just disappeared....
Taken out of context like that, no way I'd run that in the local paper! However, my point (IN CONTEXT) is that if we don't change the way we train and/or pay our critical job skills people like teachers and police officers we will END UP WITH nothing but morons in those jobs...and we're already 20 years down that path.

And there are plenty of law enforcement officers on this forum. Nobody took offense until Betty took it out of context.