Quote Originally Posted by ladyflyfisher
I just visited a state park in Mo. (Montauk) You can fish from 7am to 8pm. What bothered me was the spin fishers
fishing the ff only part of the stream. This was happening everywhere. I did not advise anyone that the area was ff only, I didn't want to create a bad situation, I was there to have a good time.
If the people at the park don't know about this, they must never go to ff only stream, because everytime I was on the stream I saw one or two people with spin outfits.
What really bothered me at Montauk was people cleaning their fish and dumping the guts,skin and heads in the stream. In Illinois, you can't clean at the water. I did ask at the lodge about it and they said--oh, everyone cleans at the stream.
It may be okay for them, but I won't do it.
In the Ozarks, this cleaning fish streamside and leaving the offal in the water is considered the RIGHT thing to do by most. It's an old cultural practice that goes back to the hillbilly days of "waste not, want not." The remains were left for the critters along the banks and other fish in the stream to eat. I happen to also find it very distasteful. But it is sort of a "when in Rome..." thing.