+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Killam's dad Evert:

Default Mark Killam's dad Evert:

Hello, I hope all is going well with you. I just wanted to pass along to some friends here, that my Dad spent 2 1/2 days in the hospital here with a kidney infection. He is now resting at home. It was fairly serious but the doctors seem to think that everything will be ok once the antibiotics take effect and do their job. Right now he is very weak and looks the same. I know a lot people on FAOL think a lot of him, so I thought I would pass this information on.

Sincerely,

Mark Killam

We'll add Evert to our prayer list too.
    Hugs,
    Deanna

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mark Killam's dad Evert:

I am glad He is on the mend. He is one fine gentleman and I look forward to seeing Him at the fish ins. Kidney infections are not fun.

I will say a prayer for his quick recovery. Mark say Hi to him for me will ya?
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Our prayers as well.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Mark,
    Prayers from here in Ohio for your Dad's fast & complete recovery.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Hi Mark, I hope your Dad is all better and soon. I don't know the man, but he raised you and that's all I need to know.

MontanaMoose

Thanks guys. He is very slowly starting to feel better. He can get out of bed for short periods of time right now, which is an improvement from when I was over there yesterday. After not having any appetite for the past few days, he now at least wants food. He admits to still feeling very lousy though and has problems with a few things. The doctors think it will be a couple of weeks before he gets back to normal. I will pass on everyone's well wishes.

thanks for your thoughts,

Mark
    Take care and cya around,

Mark

Well it looks like all is going to be just fine. He still is a bit weak and really lacks energy but that was expected. He is still having a few issues with things related to the infection but even those are gradually getting better. When I saw him yesterday he looked better...then again that really didn't take a whole lot. I gotta admit though, I somehow don't think the doctors envisioned him pulling out the oven so that he could change the heating element quite so soon. From what I hear though he was pretty much wiped out for a while after that. I am not sure when he will feel well enough to get back out on the water and my guess is that he is done with backpacking for the year. By the way, my folks say thanks for everyone's concern and they are both looking forward to seeing some friends in ID since it looks like they both will make it.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark

That's great news Mark !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

That's great to hear. Linda (my wife) will be especially glad to hear that your mom will be there. I think they hit it off last year. Thanks for the update.
    God Bless,
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Somewhat related, for those who have met my Dad and know of his other conditions....(Parkinson's, heart issues and diabetes), he saw a new doctor in Billings today for his Parkinson's. The doctor made a few tweaks to his medications and hopefully this will allow him to get out and enjoy things a bit more. The doctor did say hos backpacking days are over, but he still should be able to day hikes, fish from my toon, and fish from the shore with a bit more ease. LOL...its not too often that someone hijacks their own thread, but I felt it would be a good way to pass some info on.

As far as the kidney infection, I saw him briefly today before he left for Billings and he looks 10 X better than he did last week. Thanks again to all for their concern.

Mark

+ Reply to Thread