The fishing report from A&N Outfitters webiste (http://www.a-noutfitters.com/asp/fishing.asp) for this week - thought I'd post here...

8/7/07
LMR:197cfs. Up a bit but the cooler rain water is a good thing. Fish have been holding in tail outs and in the faster riffels and runs look for the deeper riffles to be holding active smallies. Craws and leech's seem to be the ticket right now. Despite the heat fishing has been decent. Avoid the mid-day sun and heat and drink lot of water.

EFLMR:53cfs. Not in bad shape, still a bit murky. Same tactics as above. Closer to the spill way fish rocky structure along runs and pools. Slow presentation in these area are likley to produce well and working on the channel cats as well as smallies. Black leaches weighted and craws again working the best.

Mad River 119cfs. Not heard much from the Mad as of late. Recent rains should strir things up a bit. Nymphing and streamers are likley the best bet. Don't rule out terrestials as they will oftem produce well on the Mad. Evening and mornings again. Look for caddis and midge hatchs sporadically.

Brookville Tailwaters: 2.8 feet and water temps about 53 degrees. Still producing very well. Small midge larve and dries in 20-24 in black and grey are the ticket here. Caddis here and there with a black caddis coming of in decent number in the evenings. Look for rise forms to determan fly of choice. Porpasing fish meaning seeing dorsal fins and tails means fish the larve and emergers. Snout's switch to dries. Swinging caddis wet flies should produce as well. Try terrestrials if all else fails to bring fish to hand

With this heat remember to drink water, water is the best thing. Sports drinks can acctually inhibit hydration, I saw that on the news this morning. I would not have guessed that one. Folks go out and have some fun, remeber that this heat not only can stress you but the fish as well. Please handle carfully. Have a great time on the water.