Hi I am going to refurbish a Bamboo Fly Rod bought on ebay as a original Orvis Bamboo and was told later it was not, the rod !
heres the description::
first section with cork handle reelseat is:41 inches
second section, 33inches
third section: 33 inches

First section has a line quide that looks like a huge snake eye that winds around itself to make a loop or two, to form a solid round eye quide. the rest of the quides are regular looks to be silver snake quides, and all are bound with dark green threads. The ferrules are all tight and pop when pulled apart. The reel seat is part of the cork handle which is 12 inches long broading on both ends to keep the rings from coming off, which look to be either german silver or aluiminum. and the hook keeper at the head of the cork handle is brass as well as the brass ring around the top of the cork handle and the bamaboo rod. The rod itself cast very well the only thing is I think someone did a very crappy first attempt to refurbish and shellaced the rod and the cork grip. I dont know what kind of rod it is its marked with what looks like a childs handwriting 8'9"- 6- then Orvis on the other side of the wrap from the measurements. So as the Orvis sellsmen said they think it is a 6 wt but didnt think it was an Orvis unless they messed up the signature and the serials when they refinished it and didnt put them back on, and it may be a Orvis fly & Spincaster rod.
What do you guys think I can get pics for you but I need for my hubby to put them up for me.

Thanks for any help in this endeavor!!!!!!