So I'm sitting at work yesterday enjoying the www and I get an email from password change notification from ebay. Only problem is I didn't change my pasword on ebay. So I go to ebay and try logging in, no luck, turns out my password doesn't work anymore

There was an email address to report to if the change wasn't doen by myself in the email however I didn't trust it. So I look around ebay's site trying to find an email address to report what was happening to their security center. Only problem was they try making you log in to report stuff like that. I was due to leave work in 15 minutes and needed to get this resolved ASAP since we just moved and I don't have internet at our new place yet. So I email ebay at the address provided in the email I got(password@ebay.com) I get a response directing me to the forgotten password page that had me answer some questions and set up a new password. I do that and head straight to my paypal account and change the password there. Although I wasn't too concerned with that since I have a special email address set up just for it.(not my day-to-day email) Then to my email account and change the password there. Then to my day-to-day email account and change the password there.

Then today I get this email form ebay

It appears your account was accessed by an unauthorized third party and used to send unsolicited emails to other community members, including email offers to sell items outside of eBay. It does not appear that your account was used to list or bid on any items. Additionally, the email address on your account may have been tampered with, which is why you may not have received any emails about this activity.

At this time we have taken several steps to secure your eBay account. Rest assured that your credit card and banking information is safe on the eBay site. This information is kept encrypted on a secure server and cannot be viewed by anyone.
and some info on how to regain control of my account.

It's scary to think what more could have happened since I used the same password for every account I have on the internet.(so I don't have to remember 50 of them). And I thought I had a pretty strong password. I won't list it here cause I've got a few more accounts to change. But it was in this format

1Ab2Cd*eF3

I'll still do business via ebay as I think they did a good job notifying me and handling the situation, but as of 30 minutes ago my paypal account is closed, I can handle sending a money order. And I'm in the process of removing as much personal info as possible from any sites I use or visit. What a headache